Saturday 9 July 2011

Day 14: Bardsley to Haworth

I set off before six after a mug of hot chocolate.

I was probably not much more than 25 miles from home so this would be a short day. When I did the same journey last year I'd meandered across bridle paths on the Harewood House estate and then gone through Otley, Ilkley, Silsden and Keighley. I decided to go a more direct route today so I headed north to the A659 and followed that through Otley. At Menston I took the B Road along the edges of Hawksworth Moor and Bingley Moor to Riddlesden and then Keighley. I was soon in sight of home; at least I would have been if the final ridge wasn't in the way.


A call from home asked me to pick up some toilet rolls from the supermarket - I got some funny looks.





Home and the auto focus chose the camera cord.


Distance: 43.89 k

Time: 2: 56: 03

Average: 15.0 k/hr

Height asc: 772 m

No comments:

Post a Comment